You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Monday, November 07, 2011

Touching Down in London

After a long-than-expected flight, I made it to London yesterday afternoon local time. I'm traveling with a shadowy figure who may want to remain slightly anonymous (he dozes or I'd ask) and who has a relative studying architecture in town. We found her at her school and she took enough time off a project to join us at The Jack Horner, Pies and Ales, a Fuller's pub around the corner in Bloomsbury. I started the trip off with a pull of London Pride (unsparklered), which sang with flavor. It barely bears mentioning that the version we get in the US (a different recipe) can't match fresh, live ale on cask. I will pop over to the brewery in four hours and hear more.

Cheers--

1 comment:

  1. Fresh pride is one of the greatest beers on earth. I don't even bother buying in in bottles any more. Not even close.

    I don't think its a different recipe. 95% pale malt 5% c-75. Target 60 mins. Northdown, Challenger, EKG 15 mins.

    They had John Keeling on CYBI on the brewing network. They also tasted pasturized vs. unpasturized versions of pride. They seem to conclude that the paturization causes the biggest difference.

    ReplyDelete