You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar Beer

Tonight I will sit down uneasily to watch the Oscars, an event I welcome with about the same enthusiasm as the Super Bowl. Both events are overhyped and overlong and leave you feeling hollow and gross. The Oscars, in particular, manage to exceed my cynicism each year--such pain for a movie fan! With this in mind, I selected a single beer to enjoy during the telecast.

I might have gone forFuller's ESB (The Queen), Casablanca (Babel), Boston Lager (The Departed), or Sapporo (Letters from Iwo Jima), but instead I chose: Rodenbach. I can offer no justification for this.

(Which is, perhaps, the best metaphor for the Oscars. At the very least, I'll have something to enjoy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment