You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Even in Portland

Last night I met some folks at the On Deck Sports Bar in the Pearl--two blocks from BridgePort. Sports bars are never known as great drinking places, but this is Portland, so I figure there will be something good on tap. The exchange unnerved me, sounding as it did like I was having it in Boise, Idaho:
"What do you have on tap?"

"What do you like?"

"Either something dark or something hoppy."

"Well, we have hefeweizen."
But it turns out they also had BridgePort IPA on tap, and it was fresh and clean. Of course, it came in a cheater pint with a Miller Light logo, but you can't have everything. I drank my ale, watched the Sox put a whipping on Cleveland, and talked politics. It could have been a lot worse.

I depart in moments for the Green Dragon, which will be an entirely different experience. Report to follow...

2 comments:

  1. Right about the time Bridgeport closed for their massive overhaul the On Dec opened up, and I worked right across the street so spent a bit of time there. I always it have in mind as an underperforming bar...lackluster beer selection (bridgeport is just a block away) and appetizers that sound better than they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a fan of that place. I bet you had a great selection at the Green Dragon afterwards.

    ReplyDelete