You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday at Sunday River

I write from beautiful and wintry Bethel, Maine, where I'm enjoying an IPA at the

Sunday River Brewing Co. They have a pretty tasty alt and porter as well, but the flagship is the standout. (A few snowflakes are falling lazily down--whether it's evident in this photo remains to be seen.)

A couple days ago, Sally and I drove through Portsmouth, NH--where there is a fantastic brewery and possibly the best oatmeal stout I ever tasted (key: 30% oats in the grist). On nitro, the head was thick enough you could float a brick on it.

I'll write more--but all in good time. Now I have a football game and this IPA to attend to.

Update. The snowflakes are no longer lazy.

3 comments:

  1. Are you saying... Enjoyable IPA's and Stouts can actually be found outside the Oregon border? Wow! A revelation! ;-}

    Next thing I'll here 'a lot of breweries across the nation use Hops from Oregon?' Say it isn't so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that you're going to make the trip out to Ebenezer's.... That place is worth the flight out there in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I was just going to mention Ebenezer's too! Go!

    ReplyDelete