Constantly-updated fresh-hop tracker.

You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Two Sessions to Consider

Today is Session Beer Day. (Whinge: I would like to suggest a moratorium on bloggers selecting random styles and random dates and declaring them national days of celebration. But now I'm starting to sound like Andy Rooney Crouch.) It's a project of Lew Bryson, who walks with angels in his effort to promote the virtues of low-alcohol beer as tasty counterpoints to imperialization. On this front we march in unison.

Yesterday was also the Session, a group event in which I have failed to participate 60 previous times. The topic: "what drives beer bloggers?" I will say this: no one cares. The tiny group of people who read blogs--the real heroes--just want engaging, funny, thoughtful, and informative content. I fail on this score more often than I succeed (I may well be mid-fail now), but it is my goal. Writing a book turns out to be a bit bad for blogging, especially in terms of having the time to make the words fun to read and doing more than a cursory study of what's happening in town. But I'll keep trying.

Happy session day--


Brewmance said...

Hey now, your shindig at Coalition is the session stuff I am talking about. I thought that was very well thought out, informative, and just plain delicious.

I just so happened to buy a session beer after work today because I have the next two days off, and only slept four hours last night for no good reason. So I grabbed my first 4-pack of 16oz. New Belgium Shift Pale Lagers. Solid, and I think the best beer I have had that would get the BMC crowd over to the craft-side.

What drives this beer blogger is my blog.

Love the reference.

Pete Dunlop said...

Well, someone cares what drives bloggers...or the question wouldn't be out there. I think what you meant to say is, "it doesn't matter." I agree with that. Once upon a time, I was sure it was for the money.

Post a Comment

NOTE: Blogspot has been eating some comments, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. IF your comment doesn't appear, it's not you, it's not me, it's the genuiuses at Google. Sorry--