You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Certified Honest in Pendleton

In a day or three I'll do a proper review of Prodigal Son Brewing, the new place Margaret wrote about last month. Based on that engaging piece, Sally and I stopped in on my latest trip to Idaho--and I was seriously impressed. The place is impressive, the food great, but the beer--ah, the beer. Suffice it to say (for now) that Pendltonians are set. I'm still thinking about their porter.

And the coup de grace? Honest pints. I sped out to the Toyota, where I keep my trusty measuring cup, and voila, the newest certified pub.

Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub
Certified Purveyors of an Honest Pint
230 SE Court Avenue
Pendleton, OR 97801
541 276 6090



For most of the state's population, they're not the easiest pub to get to; but if you happen to be in the area, make it a destination stop.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Jeff. Glad to see they are serving honest pints. This is such a great place. The beer is awesome. The food is great and the people are very cool. I always look forward to visiting Prodigal Son when I am out working in Hermiston.

    Feel free to check out my review from all the way back in May as well:

    http://pdxbrewtunes.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-brewery-prodigal-son-brewery.html

    ReplyDelete