You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Certified Honest: A New Nano and an Old Fave

If Portland has a sister city of beer, it's probably not San Francisco, Seattle, or Boston--it's probably San Diego. Strange but true: no other city seems to take beer so seriously, or so seriously consider itself a beer city. That I keep getting submissions to certify honest pints there seems further evidence. Today's newest certified purveyor is Hess Brewing, a nanobrewery that opened just this July. I can't speak to the quality of their beer, but the Yelpsters love them. I love that they have cool proprietary honest pints. So if you're in "America's Finest City," definitely stop in for a tipple.



Hess Brewing Company
Certified Purveyors of an Honest Pint
7955 Silverton Ave #1201
San Diego, CA 92126
619.887.6453





I'm slowly backfilling the honest pints in Portland, taking them from provisional to certified, and here's one of my favorite places in the city, the County Cork. I used to live just around the block and up from the pub, and I spent many a fine hour there. Since they opened, they've always had Elysian ESB on tap--one of my favorite beers. They have Beamish during those moments it has distribution (not often), and it's the place I learned to pronounce Smithwick's properply. (Smitticks.) I still make it over, as the photo attests, when I can. You should, too.



County Cork Public House
Certified Purveyor of an Honest Pint
1329 NE Fremont
Portland, OR 97212
503.284-4805

1 comment:

  1. I actually found this blog through the honest pint project through Blind Lady Ale House's Blahg http://blindlady.blogspot.com/ another SD pub.

    Haven't been to Hess yet, (Even though they're about a mile from my work) but they've been quite the buzz lately.

    ReplyDelete