You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Widmer Oktoberfest

Is it me, or are the seasonals coming earlier every year? (Next up: Christmas pilsners and summer stouts!) I was in a Freddy's yesterday and on my pass through the beer aisle, I noted the appearance of Widmer Okto. (In fact, my attention was drawn by a woman exclaiming with alarm when she saw it. A lover of the sun.) As yesterday was a cool, rainy day, it seemed appropriate--if premature.

It is, however, a most tasty beer and not a bad late-summer sipper (last year's review here). So things could be worse.

4 comments:

  1. Their Oktoberfest is just around the corner too: Sept. 8.

    Widmer 3rd Annual Oktoberfest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelf space is at a premium and they've got about two months to seriously sell it. The consumers may scratch their heads, but the brewers know what they're up against.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pint of this, this afternoon. I found it not as spicy as years past and a bit more fruity of a nose and taste...hops is toned way down as per the style...not bad for Widmiser.

    ReplyDelete