You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sixty Bucks of Beer

You may have noticed that the price of a bottle of Trillium Absinthe, mentioned yesterday, was sixty bucks. It so happens that a couple three days ago I spent the same sum on beer--during the spree that brought me the Dogfish Head IPA. You've seen the picture of the Trillium, now have a look at the beer.


As I mentioned, I'm not a spirits guy, but come on, isn't it clear which was the better deal (no offense to the good folks at Integrity). I had the Schwelmer last night ... thoughts to come.

3 comments:

  1. Nice score of beers; but, the Absinthe will probably last a lot longer!

    Plus, there's lots and lots of delicious cocktail variations you can make with it, if it doesn't trip your trigger all on its own.

    By the way, I can't quite tell from the pix I've seen so far, is the trillium a 750ml bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I can't quite tell from the pix I've seen so far, is the trillium a 750ml bottle?

    I've wondered that, too. Especially the picture in the Oregonian--it made the bottle look kind of small, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I assume everyone has access to the Oregonian. Pix's here.

    ReplyDelete