You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

PIB Diversity

The Portland International Beerfest starts tomorrow, and it looks to be the best one in years. Organizers have done a great job of finding new and obscure beers--or obscure beers from famous breweries. Many of the classics are there, which is good: every year newbies should be able to find the standards for style. But there are also beers like Dupont's Avril, a low-alcohol table beer. It's going to take me a while to get through these, but I'll have a post up later today or tomorrow with a list of the beers that interest me. Meanwhile, go have a look at the beer list and see what grabs you.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, made my list yesterday afternoon and found it was one of the hardest lists for me to create for a beerfest. I narrowed it down to 22 beers so far. But I rarely sample more than 12 beers at fest so I still have work to do.

    ReplyDelete