You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Pucker up for the Devil

Craft Beer Month takes one of its finer turns beginning tomorrow as Belmont Station kicks off "Puckerfest," a weeklong celebration of sour beers. The inaugural event is tomorrow, starting at six. I'll go ahead an excerpt Double Mountain's entire listing here:
Devil’s Kriek Release/Puckerfest
Friday, July 10, 6-9pm
Belmont Station,
4500 SE Stark, Portland

It’s an honor for us to kick off Puckerfest at Belmont Station with the release of this year’s Devil’s Kriek, our Belgian-inspired ale brewed with cherries from [brewer] Matt [Swihart]’s orchard in Odell. Matt will be on hand to give a short talk, and to share some cherries from this year’s harvest. We’ll also have a quarter-barrel of Rainier Kriek, a super-limited sister brew made with Rainiers instead of Bings. This is an event not to be missed. Check back later this week for a blog post from Matt with more detail on the brewing process, tasting notes and whatnot.
Last year I got all of a couple mouthfuls of Double Mountain's Kriek, and that was enough for me to strongly consider awarding it the coveted Satori Award. This year's version is going be different, but I've been anticipating it for a year. That there will be a bonus kriek on the side means I'm likely to be there by 5:45 just to make sure I don't miss the tasty goodness.

No idea what's on tap this year for Puckerfest, but it's always good. Adjust your calendar appropriately.

9 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    I will see you there, that 1/4 barrel will go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good, but it cannot possibly equal the version from Cascade Brewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so bumming I will miss this event. I will be flying back into portland tomorrow and wont land until 9pm, just in time for the event to end. I will be grateful if any Devil or Rainier Kriek is saved for me for when I stop in on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff,

    You really have to get your blog on wordpress to stop some of these spam comments. Lucky for them, I was just in the market to send gifts to Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, it's not so bad. I now require content moderation on posts older than 7 days. That has almost totally taken care of the issue. Every now and again, someone spams a thread half-heartedly, I remove the spam, and that's that.

    I'm no techie, so blogspot is just about my speed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly a highlight of the month for me, I'll be fighting traffic from Lake Oswego to get there… save me a chair, Jeff.

    -anónimo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, Anon asking to hold a chair...

    How would he know who to save it for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea... Hold a chair for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully the traffic from Hillsboro isn't too bad. Puckerfest is always one of my favorite events of the year.

    ReplyDelete