You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Name That Pub

Me likey:
As part of the multi-year Founding Partnership, Widmer Brothers will sponsor the new bar area, located behind the south end goal at PGE Park, and is looking to fans for ideas on the bar’s name. Timber fans can submit ideas and vote on their favorite name on the Widmer Brothers Facebook page.
They have pretty generic offerings, but also a fill-in space where you can add your own. Something characteristic of logging would be cool--the Widmer Millhouse or something. (Any loggers out there know some logging-appropriate term that would be cool? This site of Minnesota logging lingo offers interesting ideas. You could go with "Deacon's Seat.")

The brothers also list a regular line-up of Widmer beers, but I think they're missing a fantastic cross-branding opportunity here. They should re-purpose W '10 as the local Timbers tipple--available only at the stadium. What with Abe now being the poster boy for the Timbers--and the pied piper of Cascadian Dark Ales--the whole thing comes together beautifully. Plus, I bet the Timbers Army is a CDA-lovin' group of fans.

6 comments:

  1. How about:

    The Deforestation Den
    Clear Cut Corner
    Old Growth Slaughter Saloon

    or the Nine Dollar Pint Pub

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Jack Wagon"

    Although, by putting this one out there, I may be screwing myself over. I come from a logging family and were I ever to start my own brewery, it would be Jack Wagon Brewing.

    Cheers!
    Kevin
    Beer and Coding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call, Kevin! I tweeted your answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff,

    Np. One of these day I'll get around to checking out that Twitter thing all the kids are talking about.

    Cheers!
    Kevin
    Beer and Coding

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suggested Beervana - more to remind folks around the country where to come to get great beer than to rip you off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and, by the way, this will be a big tent style beer garden I am assuming, not an enclosed pub as they will set up on what will double as the stage area. At least this is my inference.

    ReplyDelete