You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Teaser: New Brewery

If my traffic is any guide, ain't no one sitting around reading blogs today. Good--this is a day to be outside, not reading blogs. (Current temperature: 71 degrees.) I was out myself, taking a walk down to Laurelhurst Park where the trees are putting on an early display.

(In the city fields
contemplating cherry trees
Strangers are like friends
~Issa)

On the way home, we happened by a building with an intriguing sight inside: three small jugs with air locks, looking suspiciously like brewers yeast. Two folks were puttering around inside the door (open, garage-door style, to the gentle elements) so we were able to learn that indeed, it was yeast. By a stroke of luck, we had stumbled onto the birth of a brewery. Given that this is a scoop of sorts, I'm going to milk the news and tell you about it all tomorrow--I so rarely break news. But I can share with you my joy--the future brewery will be just four blocks from my house. Four blocks!

Springtime, when breweries blossom in Beervana.

No comments:

Post a Comment