You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dapper Dan

I have been meaning to make mention of Dapper Dan, Double Mountain's lush brown ale. After the Hood River Fresh Hops Fest, we retired to Double Mountain for some pizza--and chairs. I didn't need any more beer, couldn't really taste beer, but of course, I had a pint. You just can't walk into a pub the caliber of Double Mountain and not have a pint.

Fortunately, I was offered the choice of Dapper Dan, a lovely beer of just 3.5% alcohol. My tongue couldn't really assess the subtleties--but I was surprised to find a very rich body and quite a lot of malt flavor. It was listed at 31 IBUs, but apparently my meter was only going down to about 40 at that point--the low range having been blown out. I love small beers and they are so rare--I didn't want to let the opportunity pass to promote this one. Brewers, keep 'em coming. I'll keep promoting.

Nice work, Matt and Charlie--

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of small beer and would love a Dapper Dan, if i could get it in San Francisco. :(

    ReplyDelete