You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Friday, January 02, 2009

2009 Satori Award - Still Deciding

Deciding which beer should receive the third annual Satori Award--given to a debut beer released in Oregon--is easily the most painful choice I've had since introducing the award. In fact, I was just starting to type up my winner when I got cold feet. The truth is, I need to try two beers head to head to make sure I've gotten the call right.

(There are actually three in contention, though one came and went, and I've eliminated it on the technicality that it's possibly not going to be a regular, recurring beer.)

And also because I can't throw it into the final showdown. All three of these beers are among the best I've enjoyed in any year, and I've also considered the cop-out of awarding a tie. Bah!--ties are for suckers. But anyway, consider this an apology--I meant to get this post up today, but it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment