You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Hair More on Honest Pints

Apropos of a brief note from Jules Bailey's office today, I offer you a stanza from that timeless classic by Schoolhouse Rock, "I'm Just a Bill." (Really worth watching again if you haven't seen it in decades like me.)
I'm just a bill
Yes I'm only a bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well, now I'm stuck in committee
And I'll sit here and wait
While a few key Congressmen discuss and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
How I hope and pray that they will,
But today I am still just a bill.
The Honest Pint Bill was referred to Business and Labor today. Quoth the staffer: "Hopefully it will get a hearing soon!" So we're a long way off, but there are a couple champions--Rep. Schaufler, chair of the committee, is a co-sponsor--so it's got a bit of juice.

Also, I have been alerted to a blog post at the Portland Monthly site. (I am surprised that 1) there's a site with any content at all--didn't used to be, and 2) that they have blogs. But there you go.) The blogger there is high on it.

So apparently the word's out. Much as I have resisted turning this blog into an anti-beer-tax site, I'll try to hold off on obsessive coverage of the Honest Pint Act (which, according to Portland Monthly blogger John Chandler, is its nickname).

1 comment:

  1. they should call it the "Integrity Pint Act" (IPA)

    ReplyDelete