You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Housecleaning Notes, 90% Edition

I tell ya, it's no mean trick to keep the content flowing on a beer blog when you're down with the flu--unable to drink beer or go to pubs and events. The good news is that I appear to be on the mend--in sportspeak, I'm back to 90%.

1.
I want to alert you to the new link to the Oregon Brewers Guild blog. As you know, I am absolutely no good at tracking the flow of Oregon-related beer events. If you want to be in the loop, I would bookmark that site and visit it regularly. Along with John Foyston's, you'll catch news of at least 90% of the events in Oregon.


2.
On the events side, worth noting for this weekend is the Barleywine Fest at NW Lucky Lab (March 6/7, noon-10 pm, 1945 NW Quimby). Thirty-six big beers (fortunately, they're not all barleywines--that would get a mite monotonous for my taste), many of them years old. From my Wednesday perch, I like the cut of these beer's jib:
  • 2004 SN Bigfoot Barleywine
  • 2006 Pelican Grand Cru
  • 2005 Deschutes Mirror Mirror
  • 2007 Koningshoeven Quadrupel
  • 2007 Bend Brewing Outback X
Full list of beers available here.


3.
It's been a long time since I've cleaned up the blog, so you may notice some changes in the sidebar content in the next few days. My blogroll needs cleaning up at the very least.

Okay, I'm 90% sure that's all I had in the updates list.

1 comment: