If I wanted water, I would have asked for water.


Thursday, March 26, 2009

Toying With the Layout

Just an FYI for the observant. I'm trying to figure out how to put Google ads in the left-hand column. That means I'm trying to figure out how to create a left-hand column. So far, so good. You'll notice that the title banner is now too short, but I'm not messing with that until I decide to make the layout permanent. I know it looks more crowded this way, but the Honest Pint Project has a number of associated costs, and I'm trying to figure out a low-impact way to fund them.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Anything that you need to do to keep publishing, do it. Looks good to me.

Maureen Ogle said...

Jeff, it looks great.

I just finished doing a total overhaul of my site and experienced the same "looks crowded" syndrome. And then realized it just looked NEW and *I* needed to get used to it.

Really, it looks great. Clean. Crisp. Perfection!

Anonymoose said...

Maybe you should start a Beer and Babes site to help fund your side projects...nothing sells like beer and babes.

Mike said...

What about modifying your banner to extend the entire width of the screen. That might tie together the 3 columns a little better. Anyway, just a thought.

Jeff Alworth said...

Mike, yeah that's in the works. This is a temporary look

Post a Comment

NOTE: Blogspot has been eating some comments, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. IF your comment doesn't appear, it's not you, it's not me, it's the genuiuses at Google. Sorry--