You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Toying With the Layout

Just an FYI for the observant. I'm trying to figure out how to put Google ads in the left-hand column. That means I'm trying to figure out how to create a left-hand column. So far, so good. You'll notice that the title banner is now too short, but I'm not messing with that until I decide to make the layout permanent. I know it looks more crowded this way, but the Honest Pint Project has a number of associated costs, and I'm trying to figure out a low-impact way to fund them.

5 comments:

  1. Anything that you need to do to keep publishing, do it. Looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, it looks great.

    I just finished doing a total overhaul of my site and experienced the same "looks crowded" syndrome. And then realized it just looked NEW and *I* needed to get used to it.

    Really, it looks great. Clean. Crisp. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should start a Beer and Babes site to help fund your side projects...nothing sells like beer and babes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about modifying your banner to extend the entire width of the screen. That might tie together the 3 columns a little better. Anyway, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, yeah that's in the works. This is a temporary look

    ReplyDelete